California Tax Service Center

Sales and Use Tax

Seller's Permit

Most retailers, even occasional sellers of tangible goods, should register to collect sales or use tax. A Seller’s Permit is issued to business owners, allowing them to collect tax from customers and report it to the State.

Quick Links

Small Business Assistance Center

The Small Business Assistance Center provides links to agencies and organizations that will help you start, run, and close your business.