Before receiving a permit
You must provide the following to receive a Seller's Permit:
- Your social security number (corporate officers excluded)
- Your date of birth
- Your driver license number, state ID number, or other ID (e.g., passport, military ID)
- Names and location of banks where you have an account
- Names and addresses of suppliers
- Name and address of bookkeeper or accountant
- Name and address of personal references
- Expected average monthly sales and the amount of those sales which are taxable
- Your email address
- If you have purchased an existing business, you must also provide the previous permit information
Partners, corporate officers, limited liability company managers/members/officers, must also provide information.
If you plan to make sales for less than 90 days (e.g., Christmas tree stands or craft fairs), you may apply for a temporary seller’s permit.